Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The youngest CEO in India – Ashwin Ramesh


Ashwin Ramesh’s Summary
Ashwin turned entrepreneur when he was 15, starting his own back-end online marketing and web services firm E-business Initiative.
Ashwin then went on to build and create OrganicApex, a specialized Digital Marketing firm with business units, which deal with web services, products, properties and more.
OrganicApex is an organization based out of Chennai, India with delivery centers in Sacramento and Orlando.

Ashwin Ramesh’s Specialties:
Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Internet Marketing, Search Marketing, Paid Search Marketing

Ashwin Ramesh’s Experience
CEO :- OrganicApex (Internet industry)
August 2007 — Present (3 years)
CEO :- E-business Initiative (Sole Proprietorship) (Sole Proprietorship; 1-10 employees; Internet industry)
January 2006 — Present (4 years 7 months)
EB is an organization specializing in backend SEO and Ashwin forms a part of the core team, which runs the organization.

Ashwin Ramesh’s Interests:
Internet marketing, seo, social media, social media marketing, social media optimization, new technology, management, entrepreneurship, quizzing, web development, programming
Meet Ashwin Ramesh, the “Youngest CEO in India. Probably the youngest in the world.”
Ashwin is CEO to OrganicApex a company that is into SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing) and SMM (Search Media Marketing) services. He started his first firm when he was 15 years old and evolved into Organic Apex. Today Organic Apex has branches worldwide and employs around 35 people.

The size of the company
- Almost 35 people

Services offered
- Organic SEO, PPC Related Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and Internet Marketing Solutions.

Opportunities
- An imminent boom in the Internet sector resulting in people everywhere trying to monetize on it.
But as always, only the early birds will really make loads of cash and also Internet Marketing is going to be huge.

Current Business Model
- Currently do direct sales marketing for our services and have a set of web ventures, which are doing pretty decent for the time being.
Starting of this Business
- Ashwin started this about a year back and before that he was here and there into Adsense (an advertising solution) and affiliate marketing.

Generation of the Idea
A friend of him told him that he got his first Adsense cheque. I didn’t know what the Adsense was and i though “When he can do it, I can too”.
I started out with my first blog trying to monetize on Adsense but miserably failed.
I was making 0.00$ a month from Adsense and I decided to resort to click fraud, I worked with click fraud till I made 99$ on my Adsense account and my account got banned just then. That small mistake of mine is costing me a lot now…
Once Adsense was done with, I met this guy who taught me affiliate marketing and clickbank, I did make a little money with it but wasn’t satisfied.
Then there came Mr. SEO Guy…
He was this guy who was 1 year elder to me who was bragging to me about his BIG SEO FIRM (which turned out to be bogus) and his large kitty of earnings.
I obviously got jealous and set out to create my own firm and made enough money freelancing from home to create a fully functioning unit.

Bottlenecks during running business
“Being a Young Entrepreneur in India Sucks! Especially if your from a very conservative family like mine. My dad wanted me to become a software engineer and it took a whole load of persuasion and a note or recommendation from my uncle to really make him have a look at the potential in this industry (I’m sure my dad would agree now that it was stupid to call this a waste of time now)
I still face these bottlenecks – Formal Education.
It gets very tough pursuing formal education and running a firm.
Worse cause people in school don’t understand what I’m doing (I’m nicknamed foreigner after I told them that I might be going to Adtech NY this year)
Actually, none of my teachers know what I’m doing and I wouldn’t want them to know.
Most of the people I meet think that everybody who makes cash must wear a costly sneaker or own a BMW car – That is dip shit.
Anybody else in my shoes would have dropped out of school, but I still stick to school because I think I should be DIFFERENT.
Keep this in mind "Always do what you want even if someone tells you not to do it – They’re telling you not to do it because they couldn’t do it or think it cant be done”.

Future plans
Short Term:
Make Organic Apex the Largest Organic SEO Firm in the Asia
Long Term:
To create something which would make everyone else would look up and take notice at (A competitor to one of Google’s products )


RJ - rj.rahul23@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment